By Gordon Merritt
Featured in: GLLCA Newsletter, Spring 2007
- Carefully hand selected seasoned logs.
- All logs are carefully hand-peeled and treated prior to installation.
- No exposed butt joints, which eliminates the potential for air infiltration.
- Larger log systems than milled systems provide a thermal mass, which provides better insulation properties and reduces the need for further insulation.
- All joinery is designed to be self-draining, eliminating the opportunity for water infiltration and damage.
- Offers a more unique home using the natural characteristics of the wood as the feature.
- A better value in terms of holding value and application.
- The fitting of a full scribe home offers a tighter fit and is better in regards to interlocking saddle notched corners.
- Built by true craftsmen with a keen sense of skill. Every home is unique and one of a kind.
- Full-length logs offer more strength as opposed to multiple length logs put together.